- Unit 1 Book 3 My Father For this unit , we shall concentrate on the topic of the genenration gap,
- Unit 2 Book 3 Why My Great-uncle Gave Up the Ministry For this unit , we shall concentrate on text
- Unit 4 Book 3 The Two Roads For this unit, we will concentrate on two points： expressions for possi
- Unit 5 Book 3 Creating a Caribbean Spring Festival For this unit, we shall concentrate on Festival
- Unit 6 Book 3 My First Class For this unit , we shall concentrate on the topics Education in the UK
- Unit 7 Book 3 Genius Sacrificed for Failure For this unit , we shall concentrate on text anlysis, t
- Unit 8 Book 3 A Horse and Two Goats (The following two lectures are about lead-in activities： langua
- Unit 9 Book 3 Learning a Language For this unit, we will concentrate on Idioms in English, Developm
- Unit 10 Book 3 Bargains Blank-filling
- Unit 11 Book 3 Out of the Mists watching and translating： how Beijing is dealing with COVID-19 makes
- Unit 12 Book 3 Where the Sun Always Rises For this unit, we shall concentrate on the description of
- Unit 13 Book 3 Glue Names of Small Stationery Objects
- Unit 14 Book 3 A Changing World Exercise： 5 tips for learning English with movies & TV
- Unit 15 Book 3 William Shakespeare： His Life and Works Multiple choice questions & Blank filling
1、 问题:In Britain, children start their primary school at until _years old.
答案: 【5, 11 】
2、 问题:In Britain, students can take A level examinations _____.
A:after their secondary school
B:during their secondary school
C:three years before going to university
D:two years before going to university
答案: 【two years before going to university】
3、 问题: In Britain, universities used to be free, but now students have to pay for____.
A:all their courses
B:part of their courses
C:one third of their courses
D:two thirds of their courses
答案: 【part of their courses】
4、 问题:In Britain, a student loan means students can borrow money from_____.
A: their parents and relatives
B:banks and the government
D: the government and charity
答案: 【banks and the government】
5、 问题:Which of the following statements are Not correct according the recording?
A:The State-run schools are paid for by the government.
B:The independent schools are paid for by students’ parents.
C: The independent schools are private schools.
D:The state-run schools are public schools.
答案: 【The state-run schools are public schools. 】
6、 问题: In Britain, a boarding school like Harrow is very expensive; the fees are ___a year.
7、 问题:Public schools in Britain are not obliged _____.
A:to follow the national state governed curriculum.
B: to take the provincial examinations.
C: to have less degree of freedom.
D:to enroll more international students.
答案: 【to follow the national state governed curriculum.】
8、 问题:“Public school Students are not pampered” means _____.
A:Students are not spoiled by privileges.
B:Students have to take part-time jobs.
C:Students are more international.
D:Students are ill-treated.
答案: 【Students are not spoiled by privileges. 】
9、 问题:If the students break the school rules, they will be put in detention.
A:kept in prison
B:kept in school after class
D:kept in a black room
答案: 【kept in school after class 】
10、 问题: They can offer _____.
B:the high school diploma
C:the International Baccalaureate
D:All the above
答案: 【All the above 】
11、 问题:The generation gap exists not only between the young and the old but also among the young, even though there are only 3 or 5 year gaps in age.
12、 问题:According to the recording, her friend felt unhappy when she informed him that many students make friends on the internet.
13、 问题:According to the recording, people born in the 80s are less crazy than people born in the 70s were.
14、 问题:According to the recording, the narrator believed that she kept her youth and that there was not a gap between the new generation of the 80s and hers.
15、 问题:The Queen’s London office is open to the public for 6 weeks in summer.
16、 问题:The facade of Buckingham palace is very well known, and it’s almost a symbol of London.
17、 问题:But during the autumn, the palace is open to the public, so there is the fascination of being able to get behind the facade, to see the rooms which the Queen uses.
18、 问题:Buckingham Palace is turned into a tourist attraction only during the brief period of August and September when the Queen is not in residence.
19、 问题:Wherever the Queen is, her standard, her personal royal standard will be flying. And that’s up to the minute, so when she leaves Buckingham Palace, her standard will come down and the Union flag, the national flag, will be in place.
20、 问题:Buckingham Palace has the character of being the headquarters of the British monarchy.
received an invitation to dinner, and with his work _, he gladly accepted
答案: 【finished 】
2、 问题:You have
no idea how she finished the relay race _ her foot wounded so much.
答案: 【with 】
3、 问题:I couldn’t do
my homework with all that noise _.
D:to go on
答案: 【 going
4、 问题:With two exams
______, I have to work really hard this weekend.
B:to worry about